Health educators work in the community
to provide accurate information about public health issues and the various services offered by the health department. Resourses are made available to individuals and the community through health education, disease prevention and healthy lifestyle programs.
Health educators also contribute to the following ongoing health department initiatives:
- Community and Worksite Wellness
- Congregational Partners Health Education
- Assessment of community health status
- Client and community needs assessments
- Community outreach and coalition building
- Community mobilization and organization
Presentations can be scheduled at group meetings, health fairs, school
functions in Wakulla County. Educators can assist students looking for health related
information. To request any of these services or more information please call 850-926-0401 or FAX 850-926-0416.
Please make requests for event attendance at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your event.